Clearing of Criminal Records (Misdemeanors)
The Criminal Record Certificate is a certification issued by the Puerto Rico Police with a person's criminal history. As attorneys, we can obtain the expungement of criminal records (misdemeanors), if the following requirements are met:
- That it is clear from thesentence that the crime for which the person was sentenced is a misdemeanor one.
- More than six (6) months have elapsed since the sentence was served.
- That he/she has not committed any additional crime since serving the sentence.
- Have a good reputation in the community.
What does the process include?
The cost of expungement (less serious crimes) includes all work to be performed by the attorney, specifically:
- Current Criminal Record Certificate.
- Certified copy of the Judgment (stamped and with the court seals).
- Certified copy of the Resolution (stamped and with the court seals), or (if applicable), a certification from the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, indicating compliance with the Judgment.
- Affidavit to be sworn by the applicant.
- Internal revenue stamps or vouchers.
- Procedures in person before the Puerto Rico Police.
How long does this procedure take?
This process can take 45 days, or less, depending on customer cooperation.
What if I still have doubts or questions?
If even after reading this you still have a doubt or question, you can send us a message through the Contact form.